From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printing
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:46:19
1 On Wednesday 24 December 2008 10:45:58 Mick wrote:
2
3 > It could still be a machine naming issue if you are pointing your client
4 > to e.g. http://192.168.2.2:631 instead of http://serv.ethnet:631 - which
5 > is what I suspect the SSL certificate's CN record shows.
6
7 (There's always one more detail that gets forgotten.) I am pointing my
8 client to serv.ethnet, not any IP address. It decides for itself, part-way
9 through setting-up the printer, that it's now connected to a different host
10 from before.
11
12 > Either way - if you disable authentication with SSL this problem will go
13 > away.
14
15 - but remain unsolved. Thanks anyway.
18 Rgds
19 Peter