From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Soft scrolling on framebuffer consoles - New version of the patch.
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 03:44:56
1 On Monday, 12 December 2022 18:23:28 GMT Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > Here is the latest version of my soft scrolling patch for the gentoo
4 > kernel version 5.15.80. It will surely work on any reasonably recent
5 > kernel version, and also on future versions. The new version doesn't
6 > add any new functionality, it just patches the kernel giving rise to
7 > fewer messages from the patch utility.
8
9 You've done it again! What a fine effort. It's saved me much wailing and
10 gnashing of teeth.
11
12 Is there any chance of enabling gpm to work with it? That would save yet more
13 generations of tooth enamel. :)
14
15 Seriously, though, it's just wonderful as it is, and we all owe you a debt.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.