From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 22:34:00
1 On Thursday, 19 January 2023 09:30:34 GMT I wrote:
2
3 > I'll see it it's my ISP who's bouncing the message.
4
5 It looks as though they did reject the mail. I asked them please to let it
6 through just this once, and now it's sitting on their server (my ISP's).
7 Unfortunately, my local postfix is rejecting it because it's over "a fixed
8 limit". I tried turning up the two likely-looking limits in /etc/postfix/
9 bounce.cf.default, but that just removed the error message - the mail remained
10 at my ISP.
11
12 What else can I try?
13
14 I use fetchmail to collect the POP3 mail and forward it to postfix for dovecot
15 to serve as SMTP. This is the first trouble I've had with it and external mail.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.