From: Abraham Gyorgy <hangcsapda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nice level for X11
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:09:44
1 Well I did a little Google'ing, and i found a blog. There the author wrote:
2
3 lapitopi gyuszk # snice -15 X
4
5 After doing this, I ran htop and it told me that my X11 was running with -15
6 niceness. I experience better "responsiblity" under all of X11 (kde,
7 firefox, konsole, anything). For example switching from an existing Firefox
8 window to (for ex.) Konsole or Xchat is much faster.
9 I have to add, I own a very slow computer, so I have to do everything to
10 speed up my system. It is very slow even with WinXP+official drivers.