From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nice level for X11
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 06:51:36
1 On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Andrey Falko wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Abraham Gyorgy wrote:
4 > > > Hello guys, in which configuration file can I set a nice level
5 > > > for X11? (this makes all graphical software run much faster,
6 > > > at least when I used Debian).
7 > >
8 > > Nice factor for X makes graphical software run fater? I don't
9 > > thinl so. Not at all.
10 >
11 > Nice factor gives X priority, so if you are compiling something and
12 > X's priority is high, you'll be using X as if nothing was being
13 > compiled.
14
15 Only if you are root. As a normal user, you can only lower the
16 priority of a process.
17
18 Uwe
21 Ignorance killed the cat, sir, curiosity was framed!
22 --
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list