From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gpg signature verification failures
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:32:23
1 On Sunday 18 Sep 2016 11:47:05 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2016-09-18 18:34, Mick wrote:
3 > > > http://marc.info/?l=mutt-users&m=147417981514310&w=2
4 > > >
5 > > > So, what's going on? This would seem to be a Big Deal [TM].
6 > >
7 > > The way some clients attach gpg signatures (in line, or multipart)
8 > > makes a difference, depending on the receiving mail client.
9 >
10 > It's happening with multipart/signed messages, which to me implies that
11 > what I extract is exactly, byte by byte, what was attached and signed.
12 >
13 > > I have seen bad signatures in this M/L but it is not a regular
14 > > occurrence.
15 >
16 > Your own message re: TaskCoach fails to verify, and that's what prompted
17 > me to post about it here.
18
19 Failing to verify is not the same as bad signature. It may fail to verify if
20 the keyservers are unreachable by the client. This could be because of traffic,
21 DDoS attacks, etc.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick