From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:46:49
1 On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:12:56AM +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote
2
3 > >> Of course from many threads from a pro audio user called Ralf, Gentoo
4 > >> users and so a fraction of Linux users are the only ones lucky enough
5 > >> to be able to do that *easily* whilst keeping packages they want,
6 > >> especially Gnome ones!
7 > >
8 > > I"m not a gnome user as of yet, but I can tell you that the day is
9 > > coming (Gnome 3.8 I believe) when gnome will not work without PA, so you
10 > > will have to install it if you want newer Gnome.
11 > >
12 > > William
15 > That's true, gnome3.8 will require you to install pulseaudio-2
16
17 From a logic chapter in a highschool math text, the "contrapositive"
18 version of this is that removing pulseaudio will require removing gnome.
19 See my sig...
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications