From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:13:09
1 Am 23.04.2013 22:59, schrieb William Hubbs:
2 > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 09:49:19AM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
3 >>> Feel free to remove PA if you don't need it. I really don't see any
4 >>> scope for Lennart to make all of alsa redundant anytime soon (unlike
5 >>> udev...)
6 >>
7 >> Of course from many threads from a pro audio user called Ralf, Gentoo
8 >> users and so a fraction of Linux users are the only ones lucky enough
9 >> to be able to do that *easily* whilst keeping packages they want,
10 >> especially Gnome ones!
11 >
12 > I"m not a gnome user as of yet, but I can tell you that the day is
13 > coming (Gnome 3.8 I believe) when gnome will not work without PA, so you
14 > will have to install it if you want newer Gnome.
15 >
16 > William
19 That's true, gnome3.8 will require you to install pulseaudio-2