From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout --> openrc ?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:26:38
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:52:18 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> That was what I recalled about the openrc discussion too. It is coming
6 >> but just not sure when. Me, I'm not switching until it starts getting
7 >> closer to that time. It, like some of the newer versions of portage,
8 >> appears to be stable and is used by many people but is not marked
9 >> stable yet. Both of those sort of confuse me sometimes.
10 >>
11 > You're mixing two different definitions of stable. Portage 2.2 is
12 > certainly reliable, but it is anything but stable with a new version
13 > coming out every day at the moment,.
17 Well, I run unstable portage here and it seems stable and reliable to
18 me. I know they are adding things and fixing things pretty regular but
19 most packages do that anyway and a lot of them are marked as stable.
20
21 I read somewhere that the reason some of the later versions of portage
22 are not stable is not because the new ones are not ready but because
23 they want more testing of the old versions. Not sure why that is tho.
24
25 Dale
26