From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout --> openrc ?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:14:42
1 On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:52:18 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > That was what I recalled about the openrc discussion too. It is coming
4 > but just not sure when. Me, I'm not switching until it starts getting
5 > closer to that time. It, like some of the newer versions of portage,
6 > appears to be stable and is used by many people but is not marked
7 > stable yet. Both of those sort of confuse me sometimes.
8
9 You're mixing two different definitions of stable. Portage 2.2 is
10 certainly reliable, but it is anything but stable with a new version
11 coming out every day at the moment,.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Stupid user error. Terminate user (Y/n) ?