From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: change and improvement
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:24:48
1 On 10/06/2011 05:00 PM, Jonas de Buhr wrote:
2 > Am Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:27:14 -0400
3 > schrieb Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> On 10/06/2011 04:20 AM, Jonas de Buhr wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> most of the "oh it's so weird"-whining often comes from just not
8 >>> being used to it. flip your door lock upside down - you'll hate it
9 >>> with passion for a week and then you won't even notice. flip it
10 >>> again and the process will repeat.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> But if someone else snuck into your house and flipped your locks
14 >> every week?
15 >>
16 >> This one change won't be catastrophic, but I will probably spend a
17 >> good eight hours researching, testing, implementing, and documenting
18 >> it. In the end, *if everything goes according to plan*, stuff will
19 >> work exactly how it does now.
20 >
21 > nothing forces you to switch to grub2.
24 True in theory, but not in practice. Legacy grub will go away
25 eventually. If we have some grub-legacy and some grub2 installs, we have
26 to support (document, test, take out to dinner occasionally) both, which
27 is probably going to be more effort than just moving to grub2 after I
28 figure out how it works.
29
30 Either way is going to require a non-zero amount of work, while zero is
31 the amount of work I would prefer to do.