From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: change and improvement
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:43:28
1 Am Thu, 06 Oct 2011 17:23:32 -0400
2 schrieb Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>:
3
4 > > nothing forces you to switch to grub2.
7 > True in theory, but not in practice.
8
9 the purpose of theory is to predict what happens in practice. if it
10 does't, the theory is wrong.
11
12 >Legacy grub will go away
13 > eventually.
14
15 >If we have some grub-legacy and some grub2 installs,
16
17 why would you do that?
18
19 > Either way is going to require a non-zero amount of work, while zero
20 > is the amount of work I would prefer to do.
21
22 have a look at the link i posted. if you really want to keep it simple,
23 grub2 can be configured with a single grub.cfg file.
24
25 gentoo regularly requires some manual work during upgrades. i really
26 don't get which this is such a big deal.