From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: change and improvement
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 00:56:01
1 On 10/06/11 19:42, Jonas de Buhr wrote:
2 >
3 >> If we have some grub-legacy and some grub2 installs,
4 >
5 > why would you do that?
6
7 Eventually, grub2 will be all that's available from portage. At that
8 point, I can either,
9
10 1) Install grub2 on some machines.
11
12 2) Maintain grub-legacy (and install media) myself.
15 > have a look at the link i posted. if you really want to keep it simple,
16 > grub2 can be configured with a single grub.cfg file.
17
18 How much work would it be for you to,
19
20 * Learn grub2
21 * Travel to my office here in Baltimore
22 * Test it on all combinations of hardware that we currently run
23 * Document the standard config and any special cases
24 * Upgrade a bunch of my servers at 4am?
25
26 If you still think it's "not much" then I'd be happy to have you do it
27 while I drink margaritas.