From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] In search of an truecolor-capable terminal emulator
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:47:39
1 Hi,
2
3 currently I am using urxvt as my standard terminal
4 application, which is FAST and reliable.
5 But it only emulates 24bit colors if instructed so.
6 It maps 24bit rgb to 256 color using a fast but not
7 total correct formula to to do (which is no critism -
8 its just the way ot is implemented).
9
10 I googled qyite a bit to find 24color terminal
11 emulators and the one, which came closer to
12 what I want is sakure.
13 But comparing the speed of sakura with urxvt
14 (catting a long log file twice while measureing the time
15 of the second cat) it shows that sakura needs
16 six times more time than urxvt.
17
18 Combining this with the compile sessions, which
19 are one of the core features of Gentoo ;)))...
20
21 What I want is the "fastest" possible (...)
22 terminal emulator supporting true color (24bit).
23 I dont need fancy configuring options (two exception:
24 TABS! and lightweighted) and I dont want KDE stuff (or
25 any other bloated thing with thousands of dependencies...)
26 I am simply using openbox.
27
28 What are your experiences?
29
30 Any hint is heartly welcome! Thanks !
31
32 Cheers
33 Meino
34
35 PS: The terminal emulator dont need to be part
36 of Gentoo necessarily...if it is compilable
37 by a human being withoyt super powers... ;)