From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:31:19
1 <SNIP>
2 >
3 > I got a old rig I can use. I actually burned OpenNAS, TrueNAS or FreeNAS
4 on a USB stick. I can't recall which one I put on it tho. I downloaded
5 all three. lol If you know that one is better than the others, feel free
6 to share. Also, I'd like to keep using LVM if I can. If nothing else, I
7 already got the data on the drives and won't have to reformat and copy
8 again. It took almost 100 hours to copy to the new 16TB drive. Using LVM
9 would make that easier, and faster.
10 >
11 > I'll have to work with what I got for now but I really like the Raspberry
12 option for its size and good options to upgrade later. I'll just make do
13 with something else until that option is doable. Maybe it won't be to
14 long.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
19
20 TrueNAS Core. It's the free one. Works great. Very stable, but it is BSD,
21 not Linux so you'll be frustrated sometimes. None the less it works very
22 well.