From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 00:30:52
1 On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:04:13 -0600
2 Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Gentoo had mkinitrd once upon a time, but it's now in attic.
5 > Somewhere, sometime, for some reason, initramfs (inital ram
6 > filesystem) became vogue for the Gentoo camp, rather than initrd
7 > (initial ram disk image), and mkinitrd got retired.
8
9 Is there Gentoo documentation for creating initramfs without using
10 dracut? I could only find documentation for doing it *with* dracut,
11 and that procedure required using genkernel. Surely Gentoo must have
12 an initramfs guide for non-genkernel users, but I couldn't find one.