From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way to clean up the world file?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 04:14:33
1 On 6/5/19 9:18 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I would start by removing anything that has libs in it. Generally,
3 > those should be pulled in as deps. After that, I'd go through the
4 > list and remove anything that you don't directly use.
5
6 ACK
7
8 Can I just edit /var/lib/portage/world? Or do I need to do something else?
9
10 > Ah, it just hit me.
11 >
12 > root@fireball / # regenworld -h
13 > This script regenerates the portage world file by checking the portage
14 > logfile for all actions that you've done in the past. It ignores any
15 > arguments except --help. It is recommended that you make a backup
16 > of your existing world file (/var/lib/portage/world) before using
17 > this tool.
18 > root@fireball / #
19
20 I'll check that out.
21
22 > I might add, I put the option -1 in my make.conf for emerge defaults
23 > so that anytime I emerge something, it doesn't get added to the
24 > world file. If I want to add something to the world file, I use
25 > --select y to override the -1 in make.conf. It's so easy to forget
26 > to add -1 and make a mess of the world file, I decided to set it so
27 > I don't have to remember. You may want to consider this.
28
29 I'll consider that.