From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng 10s pause during startup
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:52:29
1 On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:14:45 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > Within the past week or two, I've noticed that on one of my machines
4 > when syslog-ng is starting at boot, it pauses for about 10s with a
5 > message something like "checking config file". I'm using the default
6 > installed config file, and it has a single non-coment line in it:
7 >
8 > SYSLOG_NG_OPTS=""
9
10 That sounds like a file in /etc/conf.d, the file it is checking is
11 /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf - where you should check the @version line
12 matches the installed version.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Suborbital Ballistic-Propulsion Engineer
19 Not Exactly A Rocket Scientist