From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: "New to aliexpress" pop up - how to block it?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 06:59:16
1 On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 1:47 AM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > that drives my insane:
5 > While searching items for my DIY Nixie clock on aliexpress I get
6 > one certain popup with each new access to aliexpress asking
7 > me, whether I am new to aliexpress and offers me a coupon.
8 >
9 > I have no othe chance than clicking on this [beep] pop up
10 > to be able to see the page contents.
11 >
12 > I searched the web for according informations how to block
13 > this [beep] popup, but I only get informations how to
14 > remove a certain kind of adware virus from Mac and Windows.
15 >
16 > Since this virus pops up an advertisement of constantly changing
17 > goods and is page filling I am sure I am not suffering from this.
18 >
19 > If anyone out there has solved this problem without disabling
20 > the possibility to /buy/ something on aliexpress PLEASE HELP
21 > ME. I AM NEAR INSANITY! ;) :)
22 >
23 > Thanks a lot in advance for any life saver!
24 > Cheers
25 > Meino
28 You might be able to block the element on the page using uBlock
29 Origin, but unfortunately that type of ad is very hard to remove. If
30 you have to interact with it is harder to select using uBlock's
31 interface.
32
33 You can also use Greasemonkey to block more invasive ads, but I never
34 had much luck with that. It's designed to do more than filter
35 background content.
36
37 I feel like I need to ask whether or not you've done something like
38 disable cookies. I'd not suggest doing that, at most delete all of
39 them when you close your browser session. It's impossible to use most
40 pages without having cookies enabled (this makes automating things
41 with web libraries infuriating).
42
43 R0b0t1.