From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: cups web interface (localhost:631) missing
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:19:48
1 At Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:05:52 -0500 Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have ran into things like this with services before. This is how I
4 > do. I stop the service, /etc/init.d/<name> stop. Then I make sure it
5 > is not still running somewhere. ps aux | grep <name> If nothing comes
6 > up but the grep command then it is not running. If something does come
7 > up then you need to kill it. I usually do killall <name>. If all is
8 > well, then zap it and restart the service. It should be a clean start.
9 >
10 > Hope that helps.
11
12 Indeed it does. My error was in not remembering (or checking) the
13 meaning of zap. I misremembered it as similar to killall.
14
15 Thank you and Stefan for setting me straight.
16
17 allan
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list