From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kon Colivas is working again on a new scheduler for Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming PCs
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:12:30
1 Am Samstag, 5. September 2009 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2 > On 09/05/2009 03:06 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > well, and your workload asks for rt. But rt also means overhead,
4 > > reduction of performance. So why cater for 1 in a thousand system and
5 > > punish the other 999?
6 >
7 > There are lots of people mentioning interactivity problems on their
8 > Linux machines when compared to Windows or OS X. It's not "1 in a
9 > thousand".
10
11 I second that. My whole system becomes quite unresponsive if I only copy a
12 file of a couple of hundred MBs from an external HDD, say a video of 600 MB.
13 OK, it's only a relatively slow laptop HDD, but that shouldn't happen
14 nonetheless. (Gentoo sources with CFQ as standard IO scheduler).
15 --
16 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
17 Q: What’s the proper plural of a "Net-connected Windows machine"?
18 A: A Botnet.