From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kon Colivas is working again on a new scheduler for Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming PCs
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:19:02
1 On 09/05/2009 03:06 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > well, and your workload asks for rt. But rt also means overhead, reduction of
3 > performance. So why cater for 1 in a thousand system and punish the other 999?
4
5 There are lots of people mentioning interactivity problems on their
6 Linux machines when compared to Windows or OS X. It's not "1 in a
7 thousand".
8
9 I use Windows a *lot* and I notice the difference. People who don't
10 really use Windows don't know of the difference so they think all is fine.