From: Nich Steicke <nano-tech@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web mail
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:27:51
1 JimD wrote:
2 >
3 >> The SquirrelMail source code is trash.
4 >
5 > I haven't gone through all of it, or even much of it to really know.
6 > Though the compose.php page was a real mess. All I wanted to do was
7 > line the form buttons up nicely : )
8 >
9 > Jim
10
11 i personly use both SquirrelMail and roundcube for my webmail here, as i
12 prefer the interface for RoundCube, but SquirrelMail has some of the
13 features that i need (mainly mail filtering, and it not requiring any
14 thing more at the user end than a html browser).
15
16 i just took a quick glance at the compose page i have, and it seamed to
17 be the the buttions were all nicely aligned....
18
19 anyway - if your are looking for a web mail interface which looks
20 modern, i would advise RoundCube - though its main draw back is its
21 reliance on Java (its written <at least in part> in AJAX) - i personly
22 had no problems installing or configuring RoundCube, though i did a
23 'manual' install (that is i didn't use a ebuild)
26 Nicholas Steicke
28 http://www.narthollis.net
29 "Information Belongs to the World" (Antitrust, 2001)
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list