From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: how to read the log files
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 11:24:46
1 On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:14 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> writes:
3 >
4 >> Personally, I'm probably going to uninstall syslog-ng, because journalctl is
5 >> *such* a nice way to read logs, so why run something whose output I'll never
6 >> read again?
7 >
8 > If you like it, nobody prevents you from using it. It's good to have
9 > many options. Just don't force others to use it as well.
12 Who is forcing anybody to use anything? Did Lennart break into your
13 house with an RHEL 7 disk and force you to install it at gunpoint or
14 something? You did a great job holding out under the torture - that
15 would explain your 2.5 month absence from this long-dead thread.
16 Fortunately, while you were gone nobody treecleaned sysvinit, not that
17 treecleaning a package prevents anybody from using it.
20 Rich