From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: how to read the log files
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 15:14:51
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:14 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >> Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> Personally, I'm probably going to uninstall syslog-ng, because journalctl is
7 >>> *such* a nice way to read logs, so why run something whose output I'll never
8 >>> read again?
9 >>
10 >> If you like it, nobody prevents you from using it. It's good to have
11 >> many options. Just don't force others to use it as well.
14 > Who is forcing anybody to use anything?
15
16 Look around and you will find that systemd has taken over Linux, with a
17 few exceptions as in distributions like Gentoo. The taking over will
18 probably continue until you cannot use Linux anymore without using
19 systemd. If that's not forcing, then what is it?
23 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
24 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.