From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistent hal
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:08:30
1 ~amd64 (which is k3b-2.0.1-r1) still depends on HAL. The last time I
2 checked this, work was on-going to solve that. But, as of now, HAL is
3 the only way k3b has to find devices, in gentoo at least. I remember
4 that in the past there was a configurator where you could manually
5 configure the devices from k3b. I don't know if that code is still
6 there. Maybe the it is and the problem is that Gentoo removes it.
7
8 The message at the end of the ebuild is suspicious in this regard.
9
10 echo
11 elog "We don't install k3bsetup anymore because Gentoo doesn't need it."
12 elog "If you get warnings on start-up, uncheck the \"Check system"
13 elog "configuration\" option in the \"Misc\" settings window."
14 echo
15
16 It might be possible to disable hal via some flag and then remove the
17 "-DK3B_BUILD_K3BSETUP=OFF" above you be able to manually configure k3b
18 without needing HAL.
19 --
20 Jesús Guerrero Botella