From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernels & swap usage
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 06:58:11
1 It could be anything. Maybe some orphaned process was running in the
2 background and leaking ram, or something. It's futile to speculate now
3 about that.
4
5 Also, the -recently added- "pgo" USE flag could have something to do
6 with that. Not sure, since I didn't bother to investigate it's true
7 purpose on firefox.
8
9 I really don't think that the kernel has changed in a significant way
10 in this regard since the latests 2.6.x releases. But I certainly
11 didn't read *all* the kernel changelogs.
14 Jesús Guerrero Botella