From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernels & swap usage
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:25:51
1 120809 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2 > http://people.gnome.org/~michael/blog/2012-08-08-libreoffice-3-6-0.html
3
4 Yes, I read that c 2 hr ago (smile).
5
6 > As someone said, a lot of legacy code is being removed/cleaned/simplified.
7
8 It doesn't explain why I saw the same effect with Firefox 14.1 :
9 perhaps there's been some code-cleaning there too.
10
11 > Kernel could be an issue when it comes to swappiness,
12 > but not when it comes to the amount of memory
13 > a given version of $CC will use to compile a given package,
14 > provided that $HARDWARE and $CFLAGS are constant.
15
16 That's what I suspected, but wasn't sure about.
17
18 Any other thoughts are welcome.
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca