From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: homemade nas setup
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:37:41
1 Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com> writes:
2 >> Are you backing up any windows boxes onto the ZFS? Is it just a matter
3 >> of making it available by way of samba/cifs?
4 >
5 >I'm using it for both attached storage via ISCSI, and standard sharing
6 >on a domain via cifs. I've got backups running from linux and windows
7 >boxes onto it.
8
9 Ahh sounds like what I'd be doing. Although I'm not really sure what
10 you mean by `via ISCSI' (a scsi transport?)
11
12 >> Your list email address looks like it might be a phony (I didn't try
13 >> it) but mine isn't so if you don't mind the personal contact please
14 >> let me know and I'll write direct.
15 >
16 > Well I didn't realise my address looked fake :P It is real and I'd be
17 > happy to try and answer your questions to the best of my ability.
18
19 Hehe... no slam intended... some people do obfuscate there email on
20 lists such as this, and yours is somewhat unusual looking.
21
22 I've had people say the same thing about mine... `newsguy' sounds kind
23 of made up. (True story =>) It used to be `zippo.com' some yrs ago but
24 they were sued by the famous `Zippo' lighter people and had to change
25 the name. They picked the silly name `newsguy'.