From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where are Libreoffice templates?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 19:31:10
1 On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2011-05-05, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Grant Edwards ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I emerged libreoffice yesterday with the "templates" USE flag enabled,
6 >>> but I can't figure out where the templates are installed.
7 >>>
8 >>> The only ones that libreoffice is able to find are
9 >>>
10 >>> ?"Project Proposal"
11 >>> ?"Standard Resume"
12 >>> ?"Introducing a New Product"
13 >>> ?"Recommendation of a Strategy"
14 >>
15 >> I don't know about the Sun templates in particular,
16 >
17 > They're a set of staroffice/openoffice templates that Sun made
18 > publically available.
19 >
20 >> but most of the LibreOffice templates actually come in the form of
21 >> Wizards. Open a new document and then click on File -> Wizards on the
22 >> menu to access them.
23 >
24 > I also tried that -- and got nothing.  None of the wizards do anything
25 > at all.
26
27 Hmm, they work fine on my system, using Libreoffice 3.3.2 (with
28 -templates). I get the "Fruit Depot" letterhead etc. :)
29
30 Looking at the config, I think it may only install the sun template
31 pack for supported languages that are also in your LINGUAS. The sun
32 packs are in en_US de it fr es hu.
33
34 In my case, it is set to:
35
36 LINGUAS="en en_US"
37
38 And when emerging LibreOffice with +templates I see
39
40 checking for Sun Professional Template Pack integration (only
41 supported languages displayed)... en-US
42
43 I'll have to wait another 30+ minutes for it to finish before I can
44 see if it actually did anything. But if you're using a different
45 LINGUAS (or none at all?) then perhaps it's a clue meanwhile.