From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Where are Libreoffice templates?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 20:04:33
1 On 2011-05-05, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2011-05-05, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Grant Edwards ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> I emerged libreoffice yesterday with the "templates" USE flag enabled,
7 >>>> but I can't figure out where the templates are installed.
8 >>>>
9 >>>> The only ones that libreoffice is able to find are
10 >>>>
11 >>>> ?"Project Proposal"
12 >>>> ?"Standard Resume"
13 >>>> ?"Introducing a New Product"
14 >>>> ?"Recommendation of a Strategy"
15 >>>
16 >>> I don't know about the Sun templates in particular,
17 >>
18 >> They're a set of staroffice/openoffice templates that Sun made
19 >> publically available.
20 >>
21 >>> but most of the LibreOffice templates actually come in the form of
22 >>> Wizards. Open a new document and then click on File -> Wizards on the
23 >>> menu to access them.
24 >>
25 >> I also tried that -- and got nothing. ?None of the wizards do
26 >> anything at all.
27 >
28 > Hmm, they work fine on my system, using Libreoffice 3.3.2 (with
29 > -templates). I get the "Fruit Depot" letterhead etc. :)
30
31 I didn't enable Java support in Libreoffice, so that may be why the
32 wizards don't work.
33
34 > Looking at the config, I think it may only install the sun template
35 > pack for supported languages that are also in your LINGUAS. The sun
36 > packs are in en_US de it fr es hu.
37 >
38 > In my case, it is set to:
39 >
40 > LINGUAS="en en_US"
41
42 Mine is "en_US". There are quite a few .ott files (329 to be exact),
43 but only two of them aren't underneath a directory named "wizard":
44
45 $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | wc -l
46 329
47
48 $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | grep -v wizard
49 /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/forms/resume.ott
50 /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/officorr/project-proposal.ott
51
52 It's sort of sad when you can't produce a business letter template
53 that's easy enough to use that it doesn't require "clippy" to step you
54 through it.
57 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I joined scientology
58 at at a garage sale!!
59 gmail.com