From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where are Libreoffice templates?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 20:29:43
1 On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Hmm, they work fine on my system, using Libreoffice 3.3.2 (with
3 >> -templates). I get the "Fruit Depot" letterhead etc. :)
4 >
5 > I didn't enable Java support in Libreoffice, so that may be why the
6 > wizards don't work.
7
8 Ah, I think you're right. I read recently that they are working on
9 eliminating the reliance on Java (converting the wizards to Python,
10 IIRC) but it's not there yet.
11
12 These are my active USE flags for libreoffice:
13
14 USE="cups dbus gtk java kde ldap nsplugin opengl templates"
15
16 >> Looking at the config, I think it may only install the sun template
17 >> pack for supported languages that are also in your LINGUAS. The sun
18 >> packs are in en_US de it fr es hu.
19 >>
20 >> In my case, it is set to:
21 >>
22 >> LINGUAS="en en_US"
23 >
24 > Mine is "en_US".  There are quite a few .ott files (329 to be exact),
25 > but only two of them aren't underneath a directory named "wizard":
26 >
27 >  $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | wc -l
28 >  329
29
30 $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | wc -l
31 363
32
33 >  $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | grep -v wizard
34 >  /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/forms/resume.ott
35 >  /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/officorr/project-proposal.ott
36
37 Mine shows those two, plus all the Sun ones. Very strange!
38
39 > It's sort of sad when you can't produce a business letter template
40 > that's easy enough to use that it doesn't require "clippy" to step you
41 > through it.
42
43 The wizard is sort of a template-chooser-builder in the first step or
44 two, you give it your specifications (do you want a logo? etc) and
45 then it builds the blank template. You can skip the pages where it
46 pre-fills in data with your name and address etc. I've not used it
47 enough to say if it's good or bad. I suppose once you've created the
48 layout that you like from the wizard, you could save it as a normal
49 template.
50
51 It doesn't look like the ebuild does anything other than enable the
52 --with-sun-templates configure option, so any strange behavior beyond
53 that is in the LO build system itself, I guess. But if the "templates"
54 USE flag is dependent on some other condition, perhaps the ebuild
55 should test for that to prevent this kind of thing.