From: Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A config file for the magical combo of....
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 18:23:15
1 On 07/01/2018 03:04 PM, Mick wrote:
2
3 > What do you mean "would not load"? From the live ISO?
4 >
5 > I had no such problem here on a bare metal install (no Windows) with
6 > sysrescuecd. You have to make sure the sysrescuecd is booting in UEFI mode
7 > before you proceed with the installation.
10 >> So ... Windows setup UEFI just fine. Gentoo is using GPT/GRUB.
11 >> Every time I boot, the "Boot Menu" gets used to choose the OS.
12 >>
13 >> Corbin
14 > I am booting without a boot loader straight from UEFI as this not a multiboot
15 > system. So, unless I interrupt it pressing F2 to get into UEFI menu, it will
16 > boot into the default OS image, which is the latest I have setup with
17 > efibootmgr.
20 ( Clarification ) The UEFI implementation installed on my MB would not
21 load the VFAT driver.
22
23 I did use a Gentoo install ISO to do the setup. The CSM is set to UEFI.
24 ( If I turn off the CSM, it disables both UEFI && Legacy for the Video /
25 Drive Controller. )
26
27 The VFAT partition was unreadable by the MB / UEFI firmware, without the
28 UEFI VFAT driver loading.
29
30 Corbin