From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypting everything
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:10:14
1 Am Sonntag 05 Juli 2009 19:53:20 schrieb Alex Schuster:
2
3 > Right :) I didn't want my LUKS key to be in clear-text
4
5 The LUKS key isn't stored as cleartext, it's encrypted.
6
7 > even if it's in a
8 > binary file on some server which probably no one will ever see and identify
9 > as a boot partition. I have my GPG secret key in different locations, not
10 > only on the encrypted PC we are talking about.
11
12 With LUKS, there is no need for GPG. I always wonder why people do that GPG
13 stuff when using LUKS.
14
15 Bye...
16