From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Time for hardware upgrade(s)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:58:56
1 On 07/05/2011 12:39 AM, pk wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, since a htpc doesn't need a powerful cpu (or a powerful gpu)
4
5 My learned-this-the-hard-way advice: while this is generally true, if
6 you ever come across a 720 or 1080p video that doesn't use a
7 hardware-accelerated codec, you would rather the HTPC not sound like
8 it's about to launch itself into orbit doing software decoding.
9
10 And if you're going to keep it in a cabinet, you would probably also
11 rather said cabinet not catch fire (I had to cut holes in the back and
12 mount fans).