From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice build failed.
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:49:45
1 Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at> writes:
2
3 > Besides, by looking at the terminal while merging packages, you will
4 > soon notice, that lot's of packages add their very own CFLAGS to your
5 > default ones. For example mplayer or xine-lib was compiled with '-O3' on
6 > my system, allthough i have '-O2' in my CFLAGS. (As far as i know, "gcc
7 > -O3 -O2" == "gcc -O3").
8
9 Where packages do this, should they not filter out the appropriate
10 flags from the user's CFLAGS and substitute their flags rather than
11 having both flags on the command line?
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list