From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] planning a new machine : comments welcome
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:53:29
1 Thanks for all the replies so far : they have been carefully saved.
2 Clearly, I need to look up component specs on the I/net
3 & try to get upto-date with 2020s tech after 6,5 yr absence.
4
5 I don't do gaming : SGT puzzles are enough for me.
6 I use the HDD strictly for back-up + storage of infrequently used data
7 + a Mint partition which allows me to use my scanner (another story).
8 I would like to listen to some classical music
9 -- eg the Canadian pianist who won the Warsaw Chopin prize recently -- ,
10 but have no desire to hear how politicians sound off.
11 I don't want to have to rely entirely on an SSD which might fail suddenly :
12 today, I sb able to restore the Gentoo system + Home files from HDD,
13 if I had to buy a replacement SSD. ANB5 doesn't usually annoy me with noise.
14
15 Any further comments are very welcome.
16 I will report back when I've had time to review the info so far.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca