From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel-3.2.1-gentoo + Broadcom-STA = Could not get rssi (-22)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 01:39:21
1 On 14 January 2012 18:14, Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello Mates,
4 >
5 > I have updated my kernel to 3.2.1, using my old config, when I boot my
6 > laptop with the new kernel, my wireless was not working, I thought that it
7 > was my mistake, but after a google search I found the following article:
8 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Broadcom_43xx
9 >
10 > Since, my wireless card is: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
11 > Wireless LAN Controller
12 >
13 > That should work, right?
14 >
15 > Then I did the Open Source Kernel Driver, and installed the package
16 > broadcom-sta.
17 >
18 > Boot the laptop again, and 'voila' wireless was working again, but after
19 > 25-30 minutes using it, it stopped working, show me a blank screen with the
20 > following error:
21 >
22 > Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
23 > Jan 14 18:12:14 gentoo-b0x kernel: [ 614.214017] ERROR
24 > @wl_cfg80211_get_station : Could not get rssi (-22)
25 >
26 > with a loop of that message, I could not do anything, just ctrl + alt +
27 > supr to reboot
28 >
29 > Second time, took 15-20 minutes and the same mistake, this is my third
30 > time with the new kernel, I'm 15 minutes now, and nothing happened.
33 > Any help?
34 >
35 > Regards
36 >
37 > --
38 > Carlos Sura.-
39 > www.carlossura.com
43 I'm back in the old kernel, and removed the broadcom-sta package and
44 wireless seems to works.
45
46 So, there is no need of broadcom-sta at this moment in the old kernel,
47 maybe the new kernel works too without that package, I will update later,
48 after testing.
52 Carlos Sura.-
53 www.carlossura.com