From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing via GRML
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:11:20
1 Hello!
2
3 On Jan 15, 2008 1:54 PM, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 15/01/2008, Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 [ Installing via GRML ]
7
8 > > IOW: Use the original documentation. Chapter 2 is of course then
9 > > of no use, for the most part. The thing about hdparm and user
10 > > accounts is valid none the less, though.
11 >
12 > I went through a new install process this week, using Kubuntu liveCD,
13 > and indeed the original documentation applies OK.
14 > Only one minor notice : the part about using 'mirrorselect' will not
15 > work, as this tool will not included in an alternate liveCD, so you
16 > will have to select the mirrors manually (check the syntax beforehand,
17 > maybe).
18
19 I don't quite understand. When you're installing stuff from
20 within Kubuntu (or whatever Live CD), you're in a Gentoo chroot.
21 Why can't you install mirrorselect there and run mirrorselect
22 in the chroot?
23
24 > Also, obviously, you will not be able to use genkernel and
25 > automagically compile kernel (there could be other ways ?).
26
27 Same question, basically. Why can''t you run genkernel
28 in the chroot (I only used genkernel once, and then switched
29 back to compiling the kernel by myself)?
30
31 Michael
32 --
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list