From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:44:03
1 On 19/08/2013 16:20, Alecks Gates wrote:
2 > Can someone please explain to me what's so hard and/or complicated
3 > about making an initramfs? At this point in time it's extremely
4 > simple for me, but I only manage relatively simple systems (although
5 > I'd like that to change soon). All I do is add one extra line (for
6 > example - "dracut -H --kver=3.11.0-rc6") to my kernel install
7 > procedure.
8
9 Precisely. It's not hard, it's actually almost automatable.
10
11 It's vastly simpler than configuring a kernel, something we all seem to
12 take in our stride and wear as badges of honour. It's arguably even
13 easier than figuring grub out the first time through.
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com