From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh connections time out
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:10:21
1 Dale wrote:
2 > <snipped>
3 >
4 > I also ran into something like this on a local network. I corrected
5 > this by adding the remote systems to my hosts file and putting the entry
6 > in the host file on the remote system. I'm not sure what affect this
7 > had but it worked like a charm after that. I guess it lets each other
8 > know who the other is or something.
9 >
10 > Hope that helps.
11 >
12 > Dale
13 >
14 > :-) :-) :-) :-)
15
16 I've had this problem as well. I've added "UseDNS no" to the
17 sshd_config file and that had the same result. I usually only had high
18 latency establishing the connection though. Once the connection was
19 established and I was logged in, everything was fast again.
20
21 I've also had connection issues while transferring files through ssh,
22 and I got around that (somewhat) by added "-l" to the scp command. This
23 tries to throttle the connection speed, and I can usually keep a
24 connection going with that. I say that is somewhat fixed the issue
25 because I also need to use ssh to port forward to an internal database
26 and run scripts there, but there's no way that I know to do the same
27 throttling with a port forwarding ssh command.
28
29 Chris
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list