From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:44:50
1 Hey,
2
3 some time ago I wrote an article about how to install Gentoo on a
4 Raspberry Pi:
5 https://blog.ramses-pyramidenbau.de/?p=188
6
7 Maybe this is interesting for you.
8 There's also a precompiled bootable image available for download.
9
10 Regards
11 Ralf
12
13 On 04/16/2014 07:11 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
14 > On Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 17:34:54 Jarry wrote:
15 >
16 >> 2. What distro? Right now I'm using Gentoo on all my servers
17 >> but I'm not sure it is the best option for this puppy (Gentoo
18 >> puts quite high demands on filesystem). If I redirect all the
19 >> compilation work to other "mature" server (distcc/crossdev),
20 >> can I use even Gentoo? Or is Raspbian still the better choice?
21 > I found distcc hard work when I was installing Gentoo on my Atom box, so I
22 > NFS-exported its package directory to a 32-bit chroot on my workstation, did
23 > all the emerging etc. there, including building binary packages, then
24 > emerge -k on the Atom installed the system with minimum fuss.
25 >
26 > It's not too hard to keep the portage setup in step, once you understand what
27 > bdeps are :-(