From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:11:08
1 On Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 17:34:54 Jarry wrote:
2
3 > 2. What distro? Right now I'm using Gentoo on all my servers
4 > but I'm not sure it is the best option for this puppy (Gentoo
5 > puts quite high demands on filesystem). If I redirect all the
6 > compilation work to other "mature" server (distcc/crossdev),
7 > can I use even Gentoo? Or is Raspbian still the better choice?
8
9 I found distcc hard work when I was installing Gentoo on my Atom box, so I
10 NFS-exported its package directory to a 32-bit chroot on my workstation, did
11 all the emerging etc. there, including building binary packages, then
12 emerge -k on the Atom installed the system with minimum fuss.
13
14 It's not too hard to keep the portage setup in step, once you understand what
15 bdeps are :-(
18 Regards
19 Peter