From: Rafa Griman <rafagriman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual or Quad CPU complications?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:58:19
1 On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, 22:12:18 schrieb Grant:
4 >> I've only ever used systems with a single CPU. I'm looking for a new host
5 >> for a dedicated server (suggestions?) and it looks like I'll probably
6 >> choose a machine with two or four CPUs. What sort of complications does
7 >> that add to set up and/or maintenance with Gentoo?
8 >
9 > none
10 >
11 > also, forget numa. You won't deal with douzends of cores each using local
12 > memory and acccession the memory managed by the other cores.
15 It depends on his application, maybe his application does benefit on
16 NUMA architecture. Until we don't know what he's running, we can't
17 really say this or that architecture/technology is of no use ;)
18
19 So Volker, what applications are you running (and BTW: what volume of
20 data are you managing, how many users, ...)? This will helps us help
21 you :)
22
23 Rafa