From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Major site redesign, SEO, and 301 redirects
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 11:22:58
1 On 9/29/2015 8:02 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Another point of concern. When radically changing infrastructure like this,
3 > why not just do the entire thing under a new DNS and have both online for a
4 > while, until the new site if vetted and the actual real bugs worked out?
5
6 Well... not sure how that would work, since we are not changing domain
7 names, only redesigning the site.
8
9 What I would do if I was a web dev is just set up a test site, then set
10 up the development site for the customer under a subdirectory, ie:
11
12 https://mycustomtestingsite.com/customer-a/index.html
13
14 > Also, your company should force this contractor to take a large liability
15 > policy, in the name of your company, should things go really fubar....
16
17 Interesting idea. Not sure how well it would go over.
18
19 Is that a common thing in the industry for large corporate redesigns
20 like this?
21
22 Thanks James