From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:54:23
1 On Wednesday 25 October 2006 22:08, Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 25 October 2006 17:49, Dale wrote:
3 > > I have never done any of this before. Somehow, likely by mistake, I got
4 > > one CD copied over and can play off the hard drive. I have no idea how
5 > > I did this really. I need someone on or off list to teach me how to get
6 > > the music off the CD, get it into Amarok so I get get this going. This
7 > > looks really cool.
8 > >
9 > > If whoever can help me uses MySql instead, I would be willing to install
10 > > it, especially if it is better. I only want to do CDs. I have a lousy
11 > > dial-up connection here.
12 >
13 > By default amarok uses a built-in copy of SQlite, so you don't really need
14 > MySQL unless you use it for something else. Postgres is not supported. Rip
15 > your CDs with k3b.
16
17 An easy way to rip cds is to go to 'audiocd://' in konqueror, then it will
18 show some folders containing mp3s, oggs and flac files which you can then
19 copy and paste to whereever you want and the cd ripping and encoding will be
20 handled transparently for you.
23 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list