From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of TLD for internal network
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:57:45
1 On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:45:30 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I'd been encouraged to try Neth by a score of 9/10 in a certain
4 > magazine known to one of our contributors here.
5
6 I reviewed it for one of those magazines a couple of years ago in a 5 way
7 round up where it narrowly beat ClearOS for top spot. I don't recall any
8 of those issues, but I do have a dotted domain name.
9
10 > > You can add dotted hostnames to your mynet zone file.
11 >
12 > That's a good idea, but it doesn't matter any more: I've evicted Neth
13 > and reverted to good ol' Gentoo.
14
15 Server distros are like any other binary distro, they provide a quick way
16 to get such a system up and running. If you are used to the control Gentoo
17 provides, you will soon find any of them frustrating.
18
19 > Coincidentally, I'd recently also ended my subscription to the magazine.
20
21 :-(
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 "I need your clothes, your boots, and your tagline!"