From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:21:21
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I've promised myself for years since my apprentice days that I would
3 > one day built a valve amp from a kit. There's something about the warm
4 > glow from the tubes on a winter night that is appealing :-) I'd better
5 > hurry up and get on with it, I read that decent quality valves are
6 > becoming scarce and are generally only available from (what used to
7 > be) the USSR.
8
9 Found a few sites for ya:
10
11 http://tctubes.com/about-us.aspx
12
13 http://electrontubestore.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us
14
15 http://www.tubesandmore.com/customer_service/about_us
16
17 I found that by typing 6gh8a in google. That's a old tube that I used
18 to have to replace pretty regular. I think it was used in the audio
19 section and would usually work fine when cold but get a bit weird when
20 it gets good and hot. They got replaced a LOT back then. Anyway, two
21 are in the USA but one is in Canada.
22
23 Maybe you got more time than you think. ;-) I do think the old tubes
24 have better sound tho. I can't explain it but they just sound
25 different. I think that is why some places still have tubes. Some
26 people just like them more. I think they make great heaters. lol
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!