From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compositing too slow in KDE
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:11:07
1 On Sunday 20 March 2011 18:38:00 Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 19 March 2011 23:02:11 Jorge Martínez López wrote:
3 > > I also have an ATI card and I do suffer the slow compositing. I solved
4 > > it by switching back to the classic Mesa (instead of Gallium).
5 >
6 > Thanks Jorge,
7 >
8 > I switched to classic too and now it does not crash - however:
9 >
10 > 1. When I start kde compositing is disabled.
11 >
12 > 2. If I click on Resume Compositing, then the first time I try it I get a
13 > notification saying: "Compositing has been suspended by another
14 > application" and it remains disabled.
15 >
16 > 3. The second time I try to resume compositing it works!
17 >
18 > 4. If at that stage I exit/restart KDE compositing is disabled again ...
19 > o_O
20 >
21 > Why is this happening? What other application is clashing or causing
22 > compositing not to take?
23
24 BTW, I just tried this on an older Pentium 4 32bit box with an ATI Radeon X600
25 (RV380) and it is exhibiting similar symptoms, except that if I try to resume
26 compositing a second time kwin crashes.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick