From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] planned btrfs conversion: questions
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 12:29:30
1 On Sunday 11 May 2014 18:43:53 William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > One reason I am moving from reiserfs is bitrot - I can see that reiserfs is
4 > losing favour.
5
6 I'd been given that impression too, so a month or two ago I converted my few
7 reiserfs partitions to ext4. When I came to restoring the /usr/portage
8 partition from backup I had to double its size to fit the files in (or I could
9 have tried fiddling with the arguments to mkfs.ext4, but resizing was easier at
10 the time).
13 Regards
14 Peter